Sunday, September 26, 2010

We Are Home!!!

Well, we made it! As far as I can tell, we didn't lose anything (not
even any kids).
We arrived at our local airport (about 10:15PM) and were met by my
parents and our oldest son and his girlfriend. Liang knew that "grandma
and grandpa" were coming and he immediately pulled out his photo album
and asked my mom which picture was her. Didn't realize the G-ma's look
alike.
We had about an hour drive to our home, when we got close I tried to
tell him...but when we started in our street he sat up and pointed at
the first house that sort of looks like ours....He was a little unnerved
when we drove in our long dark tree-lined drive, but when he saw our
house and our son standing outside, he said "ohhh! family!" This momma
is going to say that it was a pleased tone of voice.
He did a quick tour of the house and picked up everything ( I didn't
realize how many little things were laying around), but by 12:30 every
one but mom was in bed...they slept all night and some of them slept
till 11AM.
After breakfast of cereal and milk!!?? (first time?) I sent them outside
and Liang found the scooter. I could tell he had never been on one, but
by evening he was doing pretty good.
The swing also seemed to be something new.Last night didn't go as well....people were not sleeping! Faith has a
fever and everyone was wide awake before 6AM....so finally at 6AM I told
them to get up and we made pancakes.
I sent the others off to church and Liang, Faith, and I stayed
home...next week will be soon enough, but I was looking forward to
church again.

6 comments:

  1. Welcome home! We still have a little boy who's not sleeping through the night, but last night was the best yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOORAY for HOME!!!!!!!!! :) So glad you are there safely!! Prayers for the jet lag to leave you all quickly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home! What a blessing it is to follow your journey :) Terry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are home!!! Liang looks at home! I love your driveway!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home......Hope the Jetleg doesn't settle in to much

    ReplyDelete