Thursday, September 16, 2010

Great Wall and More


Yesterday we had two visitors. We fly halfway around the world and actually have guests coming to call! The first was the in-country facilitator for our agency and the second lady was the in-country facilitator for our last adoption....she rode in a taxi for 2-1/2 hrs across Beijing to visit us!!!I was humbled! She probably got home after 10pm and had to teach classes today.  (Yes Laurie and Terri, it was Li)
We had a wonderful visit and they each talked to Liang a bit...the verdict...he is a very smart boy...  I made a bit of a mistake and pulled out the original referral to show the facilitator something we were discussing...and Liang saw his picture and made a grab...he read the papers and laughed, he said he didn't know most of the stuff that was written about him, said it was like reading about someone else. ??? OK....

We visited the Great Wall today...JuYong Pass (sp)  we did not have to walk far from the bus park and we could climb up or down from there...Liang would have kept going, but I know he will suffer later, so we allowed the older two to climb the 399 steps (Zeke counted)   We did not suffer any carsickness, Dramamine and prayers are working.
Almost saw our first tantrum today...food..when we came back from the Wall...the snacks we had eaten on the bus were long gone. I had planned to go out and grab something and bring it back to the room..Faith had a breakdown about mom leaving w/o her, so I stayed and Ray went....Liang was wandering around looking in the cupboards, but all the "good" snacks are gone. He said "mama" very pitifully and held his belly and said "eat!" I said "hang on" and he proceeded to roll around on the bed and say "eat" like a 2 y.o..... I walked out and went into the kitchen and fried up some leftover rice w/ some of his hot peppers....I believe he has that feeling that Karin Purvis talks about....something is telling him "I'm gonna starve"   we will need to have healthy food around ALL the time

For those of you that are getting this by e-mail I hope I am not sending too many pictures

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment