Thursday, September 8, 2011

Benefit Auction-Corrected!

**I neglected to give the date  it is Saturday September 17, 2011**
If you are interested in experiencing the 'culture' of Lancaster County
plan to attend the benefit auction for
the Clinic for Special Children (Dr Holmes Morton started the clinic
many years ago when he started studying the genetic and inherited
diseases found amongst the Amish. The clinic treats many children and
not just Amish)
The auction is to help defray the costs of the clinic and the plain
community comes out in force, donating many items. The one big draw is
the quilts...about 100 this year (the one pictured will be
auctioned...called moonglow)
--the furniture, high quality craftsmanship--- and the food
The auction is held at Leola Produce Auction House, 135 Brethren Church
Rd, Leola PA 17540
admission is free--doors open at 7am and the quilt auction will start at
11am (cash or check only)
And then the FOOD
I like to sit and watch the people there are all types.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that quilt is GORGEOUS!

    I wish I could come to the auction...sounds like a great cause with lots of great items!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that quilt the one I was privileged to see in progress, or a sibling? Hope y'all are well and dry & that there's a great response to the auction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so blessed that I got to see it in person!!!!! Wish I could be there for the auction as well!!! Can't wait to see what they get for the most beautiful quilt there.....YOURS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wait, is it early this year? it's usually the 3rd Sat in Sept. I have purchased several wall hanging quilts at this auction and of course a few pies :) gotta go!

    ReplyDelete