Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuesday

If Monday was ambitious Tuesday was way more sluggish...a bit of rain and dreariness didn't help

So I worked on this some more



Talked on this a bit too much...mostly to my mom...she offered to make the trip to Philadelphia with us on Friday. Thanks mom!






Then tried to figure out what to make for supper.  There was some chili left from the other night...not enough for supper and too much for me and my ulcerative colitis to eat for lunch...


so I made it into soup by adding about 6 cups of vegetable broth (used those handy cubes) and added a bunch of diced potatoes and a couple handsful of carrots, made some fresh bread and called it enough.


My chili recipe looks like this


so I'll translate.

Chili
1 pound ground beef, browned
1 tsp salt
1-2 Tablespoons chili powder
1/2 -2 tsp red pepper
1/3 cup onion, fry it with the meat
1 --8 oz can of tomato paste ( I use a quart of canned tomato juice)
2  17 oz cans of kidney beans
2  Tablespoons vinegar (apple cider if you have it)


Cook 20 minutes to an hour   add more pepper if you like, eat over mashed potatoes (my parents) or over macaroni (dh's parents)  or plain with biscuits  (our family)

Revivals tonite--For God so loved us  see John 3:16   He didn't HAVE to go to the cross, but He loved us so much that he did.  A certain young man was scribbling down questions for us during the sermon. I think daddy answered all of them.  He is certainly paying attention! PTL
BTW the answer to last night's question....We are all at the same level compared to God...so that would make us all a "1".

No comments:

Post a Comment