Friday, September 16, 2011

God's Protecting Hand

Since we have a 16 year old learning to drive I have thought that I saw
glimpses of wings beside our car....protecting angels' wings .
Actually his driving is not that bad, but in the last 4 years I think
the drivers out there have become scarier...I think a lot more people
are texting or something.

Today we were on the way home from school, Ben at the wheel. We rounded
a curve and suddenly a white car (Ben informed me later that it was a
Chevy Equinox) was coming straight at us!
Life truly does slow down....I had time to think "turn lady!" I truly
did not think we had space to get off the road, there is curbing on that
street. Ben had the presence of mind to brake and turn sharply to the
ditch and at the same time the other driver yanked her wheel and there
was NO crash! NOTHING hit!

Poor Ben turned pale and pulled off in a nearby drive and I took the
wheel...(the lady had almost stopped, but I didn't know it at the time)
It was truly a miracle, somehow our side of the road became wide enough
to hold two mini-vans.

Ben said, "I didn't feel like going to work this afternoon, now I'm
thankful I AM going to work and not to the ER."

1 comment:

  1. Oh Chris, this post made me so thankful you and your family are okay. How frightening for all of you!!!

    Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete