Monday, November 29, 2010

Another Day Off School

Well we had the 5th day off school and I knew we needed to have something to do...I saw a pack of gingerbread houses at Wa*mart and it had FIVE houses in one box

Just the thing I needed...I do have 6 kids, but didn't think the 19 y.o. really would want to help.
First I had to carefully cut apart the cookie pieces...only broke one


Each of the houses was different. That posed a bit of a problem since of course at least 2 people wanted the same house...so we drew numbers and I think everyone was happy. Assembling the 5 houses was my job...well except for the 15 y.o., he built his own house
Then the fun began....sticky stuff all around





 Oh and we dug out the stale candy canes from last year    shhh! I'm sure chewy candy canes never hurt anyone


My penguin loving boy managed to fashion a penguin out of candy

After we were finished it was very necessary to wash the floor.

Tonite Youngest Brother read a good part of "The Cat in the Hat Comes Back"  I think he understood most of the words!

1 comment: