Monday, November 8, 2010

Wow! What a Weekend!

Guess I should just say "what an evening"
Last night we went to hear a small choir from a certain country...the
children were all orphans and they had a Message to tell in a language
only one of our family could understand.
(maybe I'm being over-cautious, but I do not want to jeopardize their work)
He cried during the first song- Amazing Grace and I was sitting there
wondering if we made a mistake to come to the church. Was he homesick
for familiar faces or was it the message?
He sang along with the songs that were native and mostly entertaining,
but cried during the ones with a Message.
The little girls kept asking "Why are you crying mommy and why is he
crying ?"

If tears are healing, we are getting there.

Today we visited the 4th grade class at school (hopefully his class one
day). Anyway, the teacher had them write things for which they were
thankful, on pumpkins. Today, they were to write a person they were
thankful for.
I tried to explain to Youngest Brother what they were doing...he
listened while each student told the class what they had
written....sister....grandparents....friends
Then I knew he "got it" when he leaned over to me and said "Daddies
and mammas"

3 comments:

  1. awesome! that has me crying here too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm crying! How precious to see God's hand at work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to see same group on Friday night I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete