Monday, November 29, 2010

Working on Fears

Tonite Youngest Brother had to take out the table cloth and shake it
over the porch railing. He always comes back in panting in "mock?"
fear.....saying "It's black"
He will do the same thing if he goes upstairs at night time.

I asked him what he is afraid of...what is out there?

He said "I don't know"

I asked if he wants to go to the mailbox and get the mail? We have a
long driveway...he said "NO!"

I told him I have walked out there in the dark....it's OK

He told me he would pay me $5 to walk out there....He even brought down
the money.

I told him to put away his money and come and walk with me...

He brought his flashlight, but didn't use it....I think knowing that
Little Sister was brave enough to come too gave him added incentive....

We made it out to the end and thankfully nothing rustled in the trees.

I don't mind that he is a bit worried about the dark...but where we live
we do have to face some darkness...we are not in the city...

Maybe I didn't handle it correctly....guess we will find out.

1 comment:

  1. Chris, I think you were spot on! The fact that you walked with him had to have spoken volumes to his little heart. I was afraid of the dark when I was little, and my granddaddy would walk with me when I had to go outside. He was always my hero!
    Terrye in FL

    ReplyDelete