Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Thank You for the Shirt Mama.

I have been working on a few manners Youngest Son came with "Thank you"
and "Sorry".
I was very impressed, he uses them often, but the word "please"
apparently was not in the English classes.
Somehow it just...goes against the grain when someone sits down at the
breakfast table while I am whirling around making sure things happen in
time...and some one loudly demands "water!"
So last week I told him "Mama no hear 'WATER'. Mama hears 'water, please
mama'"
He got the point and actually caught himself and corrected his request
this morning.

Anyway, about the shirt, we saw some delightfully soft flannel at a nice
price the other day. I asked if I shall make a shirt for him... the
answer was "yes". It took a week or so, but here are the results.
Don't look too closely, it has been awhile since I made a shirt, but he
wore it last evening and came down this AM wearing it (don't think he
slept in it) At lunch he said "Thank you for the shirt mama"

Of course dear...I had to restrain myself from rushing out the door and
buying more fabric...actually that would give me an excuse to go fabric
shopping again.

3 comments:

  1. great job on the shirt! and the plaid matches on the sleeves too--i don't think i'd touch plaid anymore-it would make me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the soft cozy flannel shirt on him! What a nice boy he is!!!!

    ReplyDelete