Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Beautiful Mixer!

OK, so almost one year ago my husband bought me a nice shiny red mixer...for my 29th birthday (no really!) I loved how it mixed bread dough... could mix 3 loaves at a time. This spoiled family consumes more than 6 loaves a week and that isn't counting pizza dough or hamburger rolls.
The other night I needed rolls for the sub sandwiches we were going to have for supper and half-way through mixing, the thing stalled...sounded like stripped gears.

I was a bit perturbed after all a $280 machine should last more than a year!

Turns out the company thinks so too!  Yaay!  I found the credit card bill and he bought it April 23, but the slip from S*ms was not with the credit card bill...that's OK too...it was a gift.

A new mixer should be at my door in 7 - 10 days and I just pack the bad one into that box and send it back.

Wonder if I need to clean all the flour out of the cracks first...maybe I'd better.

4 comments:

  1. Well, grrr. I had a comment all written out and Lucy pressed a button and it disappeared.

    Anyway, I have that same mixer and love it! I'm so glad you are getting a replacement so easily!

    Do you have the meat grinder attachment? I don't use mine very often but it's great for making ground chicken breast! I also use it to grind up ham for ham salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, it should absolutely last longer than that! At least you get a BRAND NEW one again :)

    So glad it worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom has had hers for 20 years, so I finally broke down and got one about a year ago too. I love it with the exception the bowl always comes off when on a higher speed. I know it must be operator error, so if you know how I can fix that please tell me!!!

    Glad you are getting a new one so easy too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sweet husband bought one for me about two years ago...love it! It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'...oh wait that was the watch he bought for me ;) Seriously, that mixer has been my friend these last two Christmas seasons. Don't know how I lived without it.
    Terrye in FL

    ReplyDelete