Tuesday, March 2, 2010

New Project

I'm not sure who it was that said "There is nothing like the the enthusiasm found in the first hours of a new project"
On Saturday we went to the library and I picked up some craft books, in the back of my mind I guess I was preparing for the next snow storm.
I sat down to eat lunch and looked over a book about felting wool sweaters...I was a gonner! (is too a word!) I took an hour away from my very important housework and went shopping at a thrift store and found a BUNCH of wool sweaters (won't tell you how many, let's just say they needed a garbage bag)

I had been praying that I wasn't wasting my time chasing around after sheep hair ( would that make it a hare-brained scheme) see this book had the neatest pocket books made out of felted wool sweaters, also some slippers and gloves etc.... maybe some other people would think they are sweet too!

 


 


Well till evening I had shrunk/felted a bunch of previously expensive sweaters and cut my first bag. I love working with felted wool, no edges to finish.  Too bad the next day was Sunday...


Finally today I have something to show for my labor...what do you think?  I will add them to my fundraiser page.



 
A simple bag  14"x 15" short handles, lined w/ matching cotton lining, a small inside pocket

  
SOLD!!!
A back pack style started life as a Ch*rter Cl*b sweater, the top 3 buttons open to give you more room to stash "stuff" and then close to keep said "stuff" inside, the flap fastens w/ a string.
REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE!


2 comments:

  1. Ok i LOVE the backpack style one...i think i may have to have it...

    jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are adorable!! Will have to get some. Post these on the fundraising page. Auction them--we'll all want one.

    ReplyDelete