Saturday, March 13, 2010

Satisfied Saturday

I know this is not Thankful Thursday or Wordless Wednesday, but somehow
it stayed in my mind all day.
I'm satisfied, actually very happy that my replacement mixer arrived on
Thurs evening, maybe it's a refurbished one, but I love it.
I'm satisfied with the things I actually got done today, finished part
of a cat wall-hanging for an order. Photo is what it is supposed to look like
when it's finished.
I'm happy that we did not loose electric during the high winds we
experienced today.
I'm satisfied with only one tantrum/fit by daughter#1 today. Saturday is
the worst day of the week and this "smart" mother let her go to a
sleepover with the girls from 2nd grade at the teacher's house. Second
grade!...She did OK till she was disturbed and awoke from her nap before
she was ready. The screaming only lasted 1/2 hr and she did say "sorry"
later...we are working on handling Saturday emotions. We used to have
these tantrums much more frequently. They have been slowly disappearing
and we end up rocking while she works through her anger? sadness? only
2x a month rather than 2x a week.
I know some of the triggers, but sometimes I am a little slow. Today I
was sure we would see at least one, since she was low on sleep, but it
came after the nap instead of before. Another trigger is being off
schedule, but esp. the sleep.
I am encouraged when I see her make an effort to control the screaming.
Parenting is an ever-changing learning curve.
I am also satisfied that our paperwork is at least at the agency...maybe
even en-route to Ch*na.

I am satisfied that my quizzers are finished. Son#1 coached Son#2's and
they came home with a 3rd place trophy in BB division. Son#3's team
didn't get a trophy, but lots of valuable experience and also memorized
over 200 Bible verses KJV no less!...so trophy or no trophy it was good
for their mind and heart.

2 comments:

  1. Chris, your posts are always so encouraging to my heart. Thank you for helping me to take the time to sit and think of all that I accomplished today because of the Lord, and to have a satisfied heart. Last night Grace prayed, "Dear Heavenly Father, Help me to learn that you are the boss of everything..." And when we really learn that, how can we not be satisfied?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picture is worth a thousand words, for me, I guess. I LOVE that wall hanging. Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete